Welcome to our laboratory
This laboratory started in 2011 when Dr. Tomoko Yonezawa became an associate professor from ATR IRC Laboratories but not named as above at that time. Currently, we have doctor and master course students with undergraduate students from 3rd to 4th grades.
Research contents are spread into various topics, but basically, the main topic is artificial but virtual and realistic communication systems and media for human-human interactions. Therefore, we treat virtual agents and robotics as expressive presence with environmental AR (augmented reality) for comprehensive communication environment.
- Agent: Virtual Agents, Robot Systems, Anthropomorphism
- Virtual Environment: VR (Virtual Reality), AR, MR, Ambient Communication
- Multimodal Interface: Emotional Processings, Gaze, Voice, Haptic/Tactile Communication Media
- Communication Design: Communication Vitalization, Parallel Communication System for One-to-many Interaction
- Application1: Communication support for elderly people/children, Daily-life Support
- Application2: Sound AR Lecture Support for Multiple Participants, University Education Systems, E-learnings
Activities and Desired Members
We strongly appreciate your interest in our activities.
Our activities are mainly in academic field, such as international/domestic journals and conferences in the field of above keywords. Some groups of our students occasionally participate in contests/competitions especially focusing on system creation.
The desired members in our recruitment are expected as follows;
Interests in anthropomorphized robotics, communication media, etc. as refered in Keywords as above.
Experiences in creative activities such as programming, CG, handicraft, electronic systems, and so on.
Students from informatics, psychology, or engineering in other universities (but not limited). We recommend to aim your doctor degree when you are going to become a researcher or developer.